Do you write kick-butt heroines? Join the Sassy Saturday Blog Hop!
12/25/15 – The Sassy Saturday Blog Hop has now ended. Thank you very much to everyone who participated, and have a Merry Christmas!
Once upon a time, under another penname, I used to be part of a weekly blog hop called Sexy Saturday.
During this hop, every week romance writers would sign up and post short excerpts from their novels. Then they would go and visit the blogs of other participants on the hop and comment on their posts.
It was a great way to network with other romance writers and also to get exposure for your own writing. I made friends, discovered great books, and grew my blog's audience.
Recently, I've been looking around for blog hops that cater more to fantasy and action writers, and I haven't been able to find any. So after talking with some of my fellow writers, I decided to create a blog hop of my own.
Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you… the Sassy Saturday Blog Hop!
What is the Sassy Saturday Blog Hop, you ask?
Basically, it's a blog hop for authors who write about kick-butt heroines. Anyone can participate, regardless of what stage your manuscript is in and whether or not you're published. Doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman, if you write political thrillers or erotica, or if your manuscript is a first draft or a NYT bestseller. If you're a writer, you can participate!
There's only one caveat: your book MUST be about, or must feature, a kick-butt heroine!
This kick-butt heroine doesn't have to be your current book. If you're currently working on a lit fic novel about an orphan boy, but your last novel had a kick-butt heroine, that's totally fine. Just so long as you DO write about kick-butt heroines, you and I will be square.
So, still want to join? Here are the rules!
1. You must sign up via the InLinkz form at the bottom of this post, using either your author name or the name of your blog.
2. You must post one 800 word excerpt from your kick-butt heroine book on your blog every Saturday, and include the words “Sassy Saturday” in your blog title so visitors will know which post to click on! Your excerpt can be less than 800 words but not more.
3. You must comment on at least three of the blogs on the Sassy Saturday Blog Hop every week.
4. You must like the host's Facebook page and follow her on Twitter (that's me!). You can find me on Facebook here and my Twitter handle is @jasmine_writes. I always follow back writers, so it's a win-win for both of us anyway. 🙂
5. It's understandable that life happens and sometimes people can't post. Therefore, participants are entitled to one week of non-participation per month on the blog. If you are found to not be participating for more than one week out of the month, you will be dropped from the hop and you'll have to re-enroll.
If you do desperately need a hiatus for some reason, send an email to jazzywaltzwrites @ gmail . com and let me know. I'll try to accomodate you if I can.
6. If you have a Twitter account, use the hashtag #SassySaturdayHop when tweeting your post. That way fellow blog hoppers will be able to find it easily!
Alright, those are the rules! I'd really appreciate it if you could share this blog hop on your social media channels – it's not required, but the more participants the better the hop will be!
Ready to sign up? Click the little blue rectangular button on the bottom left of this post that says “add your link” (sorry, I know it's tiny!). If you have any questions, post them in the comment and I'll answer them. Looking forward to seeing your future #SassySaturday posts![inlinkz_linkup id=575767 mode=1]